GLOBAL IDEAS participates in LLP Grundtvig Learning Partnership project “ITAAT-Information Technology Applied to Adult Training“, Ref. No. LLP-GRU-MP-2010-LT-00087. In this project different institutions connected to teacher training (research centres, course providers, adult education centres, teacher training centres or educational inspectors’ services within the framework of both formal and non-formal adult education) work together in order to identify ways in which ICT is included in the teaching-learning process. The comparison of ICT usage in these different institutions helps them to investigate the ways that ICT can be applied in the different processes of training across Europe. This partnership enables comparison and learning from a variety of educational institutions representing eight different EU member states: this way it allows seeing the importance of ICT in all partners’ educational context. The primary aim of the partnership is to pool knowledge of ICT usage in both the teaching and management of adult learners, and to create a best practice guide for use across member state.
- To promote the Lifelong Learning process of teachers and adults.
- To familiarize partners with the different teacher training and adult education systems in each institution’s country.
- To study the different ways in which ICT is included both in the management and the teaching-learning processes of each institution involved in this partnership.
- To study different ways to include WEB 2.0 technologies both in the management and the teaching learning processes of each organization.
- To study the use of e-Learning as a way of teaching through the comparison of the different ways the involved institutions use it.
- To study the benefits of the use of Interactive whiteboards in teaching learning process.
- To improve working methods in every institution through the comparative analysis among the organisations involved in this partnership.
- To share the conclusions with other institutions of the area through the spreading of the results of this learning partnership in web sites and/or platforms.
- Centro del Profesorado de Ronda (Spain);
- Fundatia Professional (Romania);
- Centro de Formacao de Associacao de Escolas dos Concelhos de Albufeira/Lagoa/Solves (Portugal);
- DHE Solutions Ltd. (United Kingdom);
- UAB „Globalios idėjos“ (Lithuania);
- Mazowieckie Samorzadowe Centrum Doskonalenia Nauczycieli Wydzial w Siedlcach (Poland);
- ISER srl – Integrated Services Engineering & Research (Italy);
- Directorate of National Education Chairman of Primary School Inspectors (Turkey).
Project is implemented in the following step-by-step activities. First of all, with the help of series of questionnaires and on-line surveys, partners examined organization and management of the ICT resources within their institutions. Later, use of ICT in the management and teaching-learning processes of participating institutions was studied. After, comparative analysis of these results was done, and finally, their assessment and dissemination takes place in all partner countries.
- Moodle platform, as a partners’ communication tool during the project (containing wikis, forums, e-mails etc.), for internal sharing of presentations and other project materials;
- Website for presenting and sharing project results: www.itaat.eu;
- Short good practices guide on using ICT tools in educators’ training.
Good Practice Guide consists of several articles prepared independently by the members of the ITAAT project. The aim of this guide is to introduce a series of Information Technology based learning interventions which have been of help in adult learning for the partners involved in the project. The guide is a simple instruction manual explaining how to use each tool, but also why we have chosen these particular tools, and how we have used and benefitted from them.
The project runs from August 2010 to July 2012.Further information can be found on the project’s website: http://www.itaat.eu/