GLOBAL IDEAS participates in EC Lifelong Learning Programme with Grundtvig Learning Partnership project “Open (H)Art”, project No. LLP-GRU-MP-2009-LT-00071.
Partnership increases public awareness on the importance of art as a tool for social an educational work. Project aims to consolidate methodology of using arts as a tool for social work, exploring ways of applying innovative and creative artistic processes in social change activities and promoting acceptance, tolerance and social inclusion.
Project is coordinated by AE20 / Associação para a Educação de Segunda Oportunidade (Portugal).
The following organizations are project partners:
- Theatre Tsvete (Bulgaria);
- Associazione Ligure Afasici ALIAS (Italy);
- Stowarzyszenie Akademia plus 50 (Poland);
- UAB “Globalios idėjos” (Lithuania).
During two years (2009-2011) the project connects practioners and volunteers active in social and educational work from different European countries. In that way partners promote sharing of experiences and knowledge about using arts in social and educational programmes and improve the quality and attractiveness of their activities. At the same time partners test the impact of different techniques, coming from arts on various target groups (elderly people, youth at risk, people with disabilities, etc.) and create and use common observational indicators and research instruments.
The project consists of three parts:
- during the planning phase, partner organisations identify their potential target groups; divide the tasks between them; design content of project’s website;
- during the implementation phase, partner organisations actively take part in local activities and international meetings; promote the project in their countries among local communities, authorities, potentially interested participants, etc.
- during the evaluation phase, partner organisations take part in small evaluation activities during each international meeting and in final evaluation meeting in the end of the project; work out together the progress and final report, etc.
The outcomes of the project are as follows:
- international meetings for exchanging experiences and good practices;
- diaries and reports documenting field work in each country organisation;
- a website acting as a virtual resource for organisations and trainers;
- international seminar as a public report of our collaborative work – invitation to our colleagues to follow us;
- festival and conference in the end of the project, presenting what we have been working on and what we have achieved.
Project website: http://open-h-art.eu/.