Since 2010 UAB “Globalios idėjos” participates in LLP Leonardo da Vinci Partnership project “SOS: Strengthening the Orientation from School to Job“, Ref. No. LLP-LdV-PRT-2010-LT-0149.
The aim of this project is to strengthen vocational trainers’/teachers’ guidance properties not only in the vocational lessons courses but also in preparing students for the labour life, orientation and guiding these young people to prepare them labour market as well as vocational education and training.
This project focuses on the exchange of the best practices and experiences of guidance and training for the staff providing practice of work and guidance for the vocational staff among project partners. By the end of the project theoretic results along with practical materials of best practice and experiences are available online to education staff, to providers of pedagogic education and training, and to the specialised public. This information provides them with the tool that will help to develop and improve their competencies as well as a tool that will help them to measure their efficiency.
The Concrete Objectives:
- A comparative survey of counselling, guidance and orientation systems in the partner countries represented in the project;
- A compilation of good practice examples in guidance and training in guidance from the different partner countries.
- The definition of competencies needed for good practice in guidance training and guidance for young people on their way from school to work.
- A model of variables to aid the effective transfer of practices from one country to another.
- Use the competencies of trainers in VET.
- Provide a self evaluation tool for the teachers in VET.
- The competence in mediating in order to develop the student’s guiding process effectively ( observation, apprenticeship, training, etc.).
- The companies profiling ( their demands, apprenticeship conditions, employment conditions) provided by different partners offering vocational training for their students.
The following organizations are project partners:
- Grup Scolar Industrial “LETEA” Bacau (Romania);
- UAB “Globalios idėjos“ (Lithuania);
- Escola Secundária D. Sancho I (Portugal);
- Tmo Szent Laszlo Szakkepzo Iskolaja Es Kollegiuma Tersegi Integral Szakkepzo Kozpont (Hungary);
- Hatay Merkez Halk Egitimi Merkezi Ve Aksam Sanat Okulu (Turkey);
- Associazione Eurokom (Italy);
- Instituto De Educacion Secundaria “Campanillas” (Spain);
- Milli Egtum Bakanligi Kiz Teknik Ogretim Genel Mudurlugu (Turkey).
This project presents a new perspective for a vocational/technical education providing best practices and experiences shared by partners with each other. Teachers widen their viewpoint about the quality of education, about personal characteristics that are needed and innovative teaching methods. First of all good practie examples were collected, then all partners together created common questionnaires in order to profile vocational teachers, students and labour market representatives. After all results were analyzed and presented, partners created self-evaluation tool for vocational teachers in order to check their efficiency. Partners will use this self-evaluation tool in their schools as well as will share with colleagues.
1. VET teachers self evaluation tool
2. Comparative analysis of vocational teachers’ profiles: a picture of their social, intellectual and physical competences and to find out their problems and needs.
3. Comparative analysis of vocational students’ profiles: a picture of their social, intellectual and physical competences and to find out their problems and needs.
4. Comparative analysis of enterprises profiles: labour market demands and expectations from VET sector.
Further information can be found on the project’s website: http://www.euroescuela.com/sosproject/